TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China is OK and Prospering!!
da yan jing - 2004-08-17
In response to Re: China is OK and Prospering!! (Ellis E. Seamone)

> ==============================================

> Are you off your #@!k&^g nut, Man? How the hell can you compare
> ANYTHING the US forces might be doing in Iraq to what that blue-eyed
> Austrian bastard stacked up to his discredit in only 11 years? Bush's
> blunder may have been erroneously premised on the search for the
> imaginary weapons of mass destruction, but that murderer with the
> mustache had an objective from the get-go: the destruction of an
> entire race of humans -- and, in the end, he had at least 6,000,000
> corpses to prove it! Now, when you're thinking of a couple of misled
> US GIs getting violent with a few Iraqi prisoners, try to remember
> Hitler's beloved Schutzstaffel's middle-of-the-night visits, the
> heartless separation of entire families never to again be united, the
> concentration camps throughout Europe, and the hundreds -- if not
> thousands -- of inhumane "exploratory surgeries" committed
> on the inmates of same. ACH DU LIEBER, MENCH! Wake up and smell the
> coffee! America may have its faults, but you have a wrong number if
> you think you are going to compare it to Nazism. ADVICE: Let your
> obvious dislike for The West be redirected to more constructive
> ideas, and more importantly, on HOW to improve the conditions to
> which you seem so adamantly opposed. C'mon, Man, give the anger a
> rest. You can do it.

> Cheers,
> Ellis

I see your point, yes, and it is not very feasible to compare the Americans to the Nazis...

However, any way you look at it, America should not be there. For any reason. Revenge ( for 9-11, though 9-11 was revenge on the States for other things that were inevitably coming anyway... ) war on terrorism, search for weapons or oil. They should not be there.
America has always been the big bully of the playground, no matter how they try to justify it. I don't hate Americans, I really don't. However, I do not agree with their idea of saving the world through assimilation.

There was an article recently in the newspaper, saying that Chinese schools are opting more for Canadian English text books now. It said that the Chinese feel that Canadians don't try to assimilate another culture, and that the Chinese don't want to become American. There are actual kindergarten books for Chinese students with a unit on MacDonalds. ( Shentong ) Canadian books would not have those kind of things. With Canadian text books, the worst would be a Tim Hortons logo on the coffee picture. Or the policeman might be riding a horse.

I read another article before in Reader's Digest, about a year ago, how America was planning to educate the poor, poor children in Iraq by bringing them Sesame Street! What in the world does Iraq need Sesame street for???!!! Maybe it's a good thing right now in the Iraq culture that their children are not being raised by a television. Why not help them to re - settle their own culture? Why not focus on improving and strengthening ( did I spell that correctly???? ) their own style of education and curriculums? Yes, by all means, it is a wonderful thing to rebuild schools, but it also matters what you are putting in them.
Iraq is not a state.

However, everything always goes both ways. As for the abuse done by the American soldiers. Well, yeah. What they did was wrong and bad. However, at least they didn't behead them on a mattress on camera, for their families and countrymen to watch. This is war, and war is not pretty, on either side. Would the people of Iraq take the US soldiers seriously if in prison the prisoners were given hugs and cupcakes?

Da Yan Jing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: China is OK and Prospering!! -- Ellis E. Seamone -- 2004-08-17
Re: China is OK and Prospering!! -- da yan jing -- 2004-08-17
Re: China is OK and Prospering!! -- Ellis E. Seamone -- 2004-08-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China is OK and Prospering!!

Go to another board -