TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Work and Play - China
#1 Parent Miss Tick - 2004-09-01
Re: Work and Play - China

basho - as far as studying chinese goes, i'd probably try to pick somewhere that is possessed of a little less in the way of an established foreign clientelle and accompanying scene, at least for your initial foray; less opportunity to get side-tracked and more opportunity to practice. such places are usually cheaper too...maybe the less southerly cities where the local lingo more closely approximates putonghua?....and you'll always be able to find some sort of teaching work wherever you are.

don't know about the rest of china, but i got adsl hooked up where i am with a minimum of fuss.

syndrome - your misguided pedantry is excruciating. you seem oblivious to Tenor and Mode, two critical aspects of language that one should - as a teacher - at least be allowing students to consider in their language studies....maybe you should be checking the joblists for janitor work...

#2 Parent Chinasyndrome - 2004-08-24

> The last time I checked, "grammer" was usually spelled as
> grammar...

Being an#l about a typo isn't the same as being critical about the 'lazy speak' many people are accepting as 'English'.

#3 Parent Ticino-sky - 2004-08-24

> Have you read your own post? Your English grammer, punctuation and
> spelling is horrible! What was your work at that Japanese school,
> janitor?

> I know I'm being a bit cruel, but better from ME, here and now, than
> from the students later! And trust me, Chinese students can be very
> un-kind if they sense that a teacher is not up to par. Ming bai le
> ma?

> Cheers!

The last time I checked, "grammer" was usually spelled as grammar...

#4 Parent Chinasyndrome - 2004-08-23

> Ive started a Degree in Chinese this month and have thought about
> taking it to China (Logic at its best)
> Last year I worked at a Junior school in Japan, and Im looking to do
> the same kind of work in China, I can just imagin that they are as
> curious as Japanese kids when they see blue eyes....ha ha

> What i would like is a bit of advice, where to stay - how can i get
> DSL or Broadband (what ever you call it) and where can I get the most
> out of my degree.

> Stupid question i know. Just dont fancy doing this in England where
> the only Chinese characters i see are "Lees garden chinese
> resturant" and so on!

> ha ha

> Well see yall soon!

> B!SHO

Have you read your own post? Your English grammer, punctuation and spelling is horrible! What was your work at that Japanese school, janitor?

I know I'm being a bit cruel, but better from ME, here and now, than from the students later! And trust me, Chinese students can be very un-kind if they sense that a teacher is not up to par. Ming bai le ma?

Cheers!

Basho - 2004-08-22
Work and Play - China

Ive started a Degree in Chinese this month and have thought about taking it to China (Logic at its best)
Last year I worked at a Junior school in Japan, and Im looking to do the same kind of work in China, I can just imagin that they are as curious as Japanese kids when they see blue eyes....ha ha

What i would like is a bit of advice, where to stay - how can i get DSL or Broadband (what ever you call it) and where can I get the most out of my degree.

Stupid question i know. Just dont fancy doing this in England where the only Chinese characters i see are "Lees garden chinese resturant" and so on!

ha ha

Well see yall soon!

B!SHO

Return to Index › Work and Play - China

Go to another board -