TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › teaching actor
#1 Parent Longing English School - 2004-08-29
Re: teaching actor

> Would you wanna teach, or be an actor? If you wanna teach, then
> there're many offers. I don't much about being an actor in China.

> Good luck

Listen I've been teaching Oral English in China for 3 years.

Most Chinese English teachers are very very capable of teaching Grammar, Reading and Writing, For the most, their Grammar Understanding is better than most of us,in particular the method and formula.
Don't Kid yourselves please. We are here for them to be interested enough in us to Want to Listen to us and talk to us.Hopefully our students can learn some cultural knowledge and practice speaking.
Please WE are not here because they need our Brains and for some of us our pompous Arse intellect!!

Col Simpson British Australian

#2 Parent boots43 - 2004-07-12

> Just a thought. Will they hire in China a teaching actor, performer,
> choreographer, writer, English teacher. I am 24, good command in
> English, good-looking, a great dresser, I am pretty sociable. Welcome
> Information,

> George

Unfortunately, George you are exactly what they are looking for. I say unfortunate because you don't really have much experience(not your fault- you're still quite young!). Looks matter in China but if you really want the big bucks(for looks whether or not any brains are attached) go to Korea!

I know I am probably starting a newtempest in a teacup!

but looks over experience and dressing nice over education is something that just doesn't make sense in the world of ESL!

#3 Parent Ann - 2004-07-08

hi, do u have interest in teaching in China as art teacher or english teacher. The school located in Beijing. If you have interest, please contact me.

Ann

#4 Parent Solomon Konneh - 2004-07-07

Would you wanna teach, or be an actor? If you wanna teach, then there're many offers. I don't much about being an actor in China.

Good luck

George - 2004-07-07
teaching actor

Just a thought. Will they hire in China a teaching actor, performer, choreographer, writer, English teacher. I am 24, good command in English, good-looking, a great dresser, I am pretty sociable. Welcome Information,

George

Return to Index › teaching actor

Go to another board -