TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Yet Another Complaint Against Wancheng International - Chongqing
Laowai In China - 2004-09-09

Here is an e-mail I received from yet another foreign teacher who was cheated by Wancheng. The author's name and e-mail address is given should anyone require verification. Incidentally, the author is a mature-age woman;

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004
Subject: Complaints against Wencheng International
To: laowai1960@yahoo.com.hk

I was interested in seeing your complaint on the internet.

I, too, have many, many complaints against the company. They accused me of breaching the contract to avoid paying me wages according to the contract.

Wancheng owes me 8,725 RMB (about $1,453 Canadian)

Anyone who is recruited by Wencheng is completely at the mercy of the company. This company is concerned with making money--not in education. They claim to be non-profit but this is a total falsehood. They make huge profits.

When I went to the Canadian Embassy in Chongqing upon arrival in China, I told them I was recruited by Wencheng. They told me that they had a lot of complaints about the company and that i should be very careful.

I have now returned to Canada and can say that I have been treated very badly by Wencheng.

Wencheng is a very big and powerful company. I'm sure they think there is no one that can do anything to them.

Sincerely,

Nadya

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Yet Another Complaint Against Wancheng International - Chongqing

Go to another board -