TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: sad...Crossing my fingers.
Arrogant Teacher - 2004-09-10
In response to Re: sad...Crossing my fingers. (dee)

Ahhhh ... don't I know it's difficult to locate TOTALLY qualified teachers. Believe it or not, on occasion, it's the same here in the USA! And whenever a 'godsend' arrives on the scene, from day one, the employer is worried about HOW LONG he/she will remain. Especially in the private school marketplace, one can expect quite a bit of 'instructor roaming.' I think the sole exception might be us old codgers who, unlike our younger counterpart, tend to have less of the gypsy running in our veins. For MY part, I can say that after 7+ hours of teaching TOEFL each day, I'M GOOD AND TIRED!

By not conducting a thorough check of a teacher's credentials before offering employment, the employer is taking one hell of a risk. And then we have the agencies -- many of which have been proven to be dishonest, by seemingly recruiting ANYTHING that walks and possesses a passport from an English-speaking country! One day, some bright boy will have to devise an effective, yet inexpensive, solution to this dilemma. In the interim, at best, the question of recruitment seems like one gigantic crap shoot. A disgusting reality ...
n'est-e pas, mon chr?

VIVA ESL!

Messages In This Thread
Sad -- idi -- 2004-09-07
Re: Sad -- NOT there anymore -- 2004-09-09
Re: Sad -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-07
Re: Sad -- idi -- 2004-09-08
Re: Sad -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-09
sad...Crossing my fingers. -- dee -- 2004-09-09
Re: sad...Crossing my fingers. -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-09
Re: sad...Crossing my fingers. -- dee -- 2004-09-10
Re: sad...Crossing my fingers. -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-10
Re: Sad -- Teacher's Pet -- 2004-09-09
Re: Sad -- Incheon -- 2004-09-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: sad...Crossing my fingers.

Go to another board -