TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learn Mandarin
The Arrogant One - 2004-09-23
In response to Re: Learn Mandarin (ESL_IN_ASIA)

> Of course, if Ive guessed wrong, please accept my deepest humble
> apologies, as Im sure you are a grand teacher with probably many
> citations and loads of privates clamoring for your services.

> Tch

=========================

Ahhhhhhh ... my favorite board antagonist ... that once-Canadian, once-American super critic whose incontestable (detestable?) opinions demand the notice of not only those within spitting distance, but ALL other humanoids on the Planet Earth ... hell, why not the entire @u#i*@ Galaxy, for that matter?! Actually, mein Geliebte, I actually found your recent post HIGHLY amusing, especially the stool/belly/farting/toupee shtick! BRAVO! I needed the laugh! But, at the risk of inflicting irreparable injury upon your ego, I find I must inform you that, with regard to "l'il ol' MOI," you've gotten a wrong number ... and I DO accept your apology.

In reality, I fear I've grown to hate ESL worse than you, but as I may have indicated earlier, it's probably my bloody age that demands my continued participation in the highly unprofitable perversion that it has become over recent years. I miss the music biz more than I realize, and, should there be any bitterness visible in my disposition, it is, no doubt, attributable to that very fact. But, when we speak of "arrogance," in my case, it's NOT that I favor flaunting my superlative teaching techniques. Nay! Nay! 'Tis really the JOY of possessing a super-rebellious posture regarding the consuetude of contemporary society. Also, having been an ESL instructor (and sometimes administrator) in Asia, Europe, and South America didn't exactly bolster my already depleted enthusiasm for ESL. And, in all candor, that "burger-flipping" jazz is not so very far from reality. I hear that Fat Burger is starting newcomers @ $8.50/hr. + benefits! When you really get down to it, that beats the f@c* out of those (notorious) ESL operations here in LA that have been known to start rookie instructors @ as low as $12/hr with NO BENEFITS! So, from now on, KEEP A STRAIGHT PUSS when you mention flipping burgers!

Sorry you're married, man. S**t! I thought I could score some additional points on Sports Update's card by playing that to the limit! And now I'll have to contine the ever-so-tiring search for perfect mates for those two losers! Thanks a lot, Kemosabe ... I'll remember you in my will!

Tch!

Messages In This Thread
Learn Mandarin -- Reality bites -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dolly Drummond -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dos -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- another qingdao -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- xi -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-23
Re: Learn Mandarin -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-09-23
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Sports Update -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dolly Drummond -- 2004-09-21
Re: Learn Mandarin -- xi -- 2004-09-22
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dolly Drummond -- 2004-09-23
Re: Learn Mandarin -- xi -- 2004-09-24
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dolly Drummond -- 2004-09-24
Re: Learn Mandarin -- Dolly Drummond -- 2004-09-24
Re: Learn Mandarin -- xi -- 2004-09-25
Re: Learn Mandarin -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-24
Don't display your ignorance of English to your teaching colleagues: SPEAK IN ONE-SYLLABLE GRUNTS! -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-25
Aw, gee! -- rob -- 2004-09-28
Re: Don't display your ignorance of English to your teaching colleagues: SPEAK IN ONE-SYLLABLE GRUNT -- xi -- 2004-09-25
Don't display your ignorance of English to your teaching colleagues: SPEAK IN ONE-SYLLABLE GRUNTS! -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-09-26
Re: Learn Mandarin -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-09-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learn Mandarin

Go to another board -