TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers I know in Korea
Mike B. - 2004-09-27
In response to ESL Teachers I know in Korea (Sejun Young)

It's definitely your fault for hiring them. Just like teachers who flood boards with complaints about their school and their recruiters should just face up to the fact that they have allowed themselves to be done over I think at the end of the day the schools can only blame themselves if they hire drunks and party animals because they have a nice photo.

If you hire for a university I imagine you have many people interested in your positions. Take the opportunity to hire from teachers in Korea, why don't you do face to face interviews and ask for checkable references, preferably from the applicants current or previous employer.

Many universities nowdays give degrees to just about anybody who pays the fees, in Mexico I worked with people who had a Masters in TESOL and yet barely had the common sense to do up their shoelaces.

What you need to do is hire based on the PERSON instead of their CV or as seems to be the case their PHOTO.

> Many dont know how to teach English and are very defensive when
> students correct them. Don't get me wrong, I am a simple open minded
> Korean. Perhaps it's actually our fault for hiring them. No offence:
> Back home, how these teachers obtain a 4 year education degree from a
> well known university and a tesol certificated?

> Welcome any feedback, thank you!

> Sejun
> Recruiting manager for a Korean university.

Messages In This Thread
ESL Teachers I know in Korea -- Sejun Young -- 2004-09-05
Re: ESL Teachers I know in Korea -- Mike B. -- 2004-09-27
Teachers I know in Korea -- Worldwide Education Services -- 2004-09-05
AHA! TRUTH WILLS OUT! -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-05
Teachers I know in Korea -- Worldwide Education Services -- 2004-09-06
Re: BRILLIANT IDEAS ARE FORTHCOMING! -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-06
Re: BRILLIANT IDEAS ARE FORTHCOMING! -- Worldwide Education Services -- 2004-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL Teachers I know in Korea

Go to another board -