desperation from your words I smell
lucky you are not in the arab world dwell
nore in the hands of an arab prof. fell
otherwise he will your flesh in the town sell
dare you about him something to tell
such tutor deserves sending to hell
fair be the government if take him to sell
I am writing your fears to quell.

be patient there are many like your prof.

#2 Parent seema - 2004-04-20
Re: Please help me.

Well at least ur intelligence will not be wasted any further by u staying at this "so called school." Good luck with Australia and u go gal and express urself....

#3 Parent Robin. - 2004-04-14

You should say "come June I will..."
The teacher tore up your novel! Amazing. That is so rude and destruction of your private property. Can you tell us what country you are in?
Enjoy Australia.

#4 Parent Jennygaorui - 2004-04-14

Thank you very much. I'd love to bring up the matter but it's of no use. We have to go through proper channel in order to see the principal. The first will be my own teacher and theres no way Ill get past that one. In our college, ours is not to reason why but do as we are told.

Most of our teachers aren't even able to strike up a conversation in English let alone hold one. I tried many a time to talk to them (teachers) in English but instead of being all ears, they turned a deaf ear. What really hurt me was when he tore up the only novel that I had (American Psycho by Bret Ellis,it took me a year of belt tightening to buy that one)and called me a stupid girl. I blew my top and replied; Bugger you, you are the caused of my stupidity in English. I doubt he really understood what I said because I got away with that.

Anyway, college life will be a thing of the past for me comes this summer. My parents respected my decision and will be sending to Australia for further studies. Thank god, comes June Ill be in seventh heaven and no more hell.

#5 Parent bo - 2004-04-13

bring the subject to the schools pricipals asap. your teacher does not respect the way you think due this small matter or any other reason. stop being abuse for expressing your ideas. any good teacher will appreciate your efforts.

#6 Parent jbcyu - 2004-04-13

i think your poem is full of honesty, which is a virtue getting rare these days. your professor is a conventional thinker so he cannot accept the essence of your words....

#7 Parent Robin - 2004-04-11

What country are you in?

I think your poem story is quite good,
but better grammer.. "would be swell"

Can you discuss this with your professor? No? Are you surprised? Then does the college have a councillor? If not, then you have come to us and we will council you. Yes it is good to have an open mind. At the same time remember that people do not have to agree with your opinions.
Every society has conservative and innovative factions that push and pull. In many places they are killing each other so the passions run very hot. Maybe count your blessings and keep writing? It's good stuff.

Jennygaorui - 2004-04-11
Please help me.

My teacher told us to write something (In fact anything)I can think off about my college life. I wrote this and my life has become so miserable.

My teacher started to pick on me because I have critized him and my college(I can't name my college). Having an open is what I believe learning is all about, isn't it? Maybe not so with our local teachers.

Anyway, tell me if I am really wrong with what I wrote. Please... I know there are lots of Foreign teachers out there.. Help me. Below is what I wrote.

Thank you mother, but all is not well.

You and Daddy, taught me well.
Then came the time you sent me to hell.
You thought in college, all will be swell.
Oh mother, bail me out of hell.
Life in college is not well.
It is no better than living in hell
Theres nothing here I can learn well
For my teachers are hiding in their shell
Oh mother, bail me out of hell.
I can't last another two years in living hell.

Return to Index › Please help me.

Go to another board -