TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Looking For China ESL Teachers Interested In Posting Their Experiences
Nathan Mittelstaedt - 2004-05-04

Hello China ESL Teachers,

I've been planning extensively to go and teach english in China for about 6 or 7 months. During that time, I had tried to compile a list of different school reviews, so that I would have an idea of what schools were good, and which ones to watch out for. I have a list of about 60 schools, thanks to places like English School Watch and Dave's ESL Cafe, and a description as to whether they were portrayed positively, negatively, or in a neutral light. I?ve even contacted some of you about your experiences. Unfortunately, as new topics crop up on the message boards, urls change, etc, many of the reviews have been lost, and I no longer am able to find out exactly why people felt the way they did about the school.

This gave me an idea, that maybe it would be a good idea to create a searchable archive of school reviews, so that potential teachers would someday be able to look up the school they were looking at teaching for, and see what other people had thought about the school.

And so I made up a forum, that hopefully someday will be able to serve that purpose. There s a place for posting reviews, which will eventually be archived alphabetically by region. There s also threads on each province in the regional discussions, so that people can post their general impressions of places theyve been, so that even if people dont like the school, they might decide they want to visit the area. It can be reached here:
http://p082.ezboard.com/bteachingenglishinchina

My goal is to make finding out about particular schools easier for people interested in teaching in China. If anyone has anything they'd like to share about a school they've taught at or place in China that they've been, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Nathan Mittelstaedt
Nate's China School Review
http://p082.ezboard.com/bteachingenglishinchina

Messages In This Thread
Looking For China ESL Teachers Interested In Posting Their Experiences -- Nathan Mittelstaedt -- 2004-05-04
Re: Looking For China ESL Teachers Interested In Posting Their Experiences -- Michael Joseph Beauchot -- 2004-05-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Looking For China ESL Teachers Interested In Posting Their Experiences

Go to another board -