TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Changing careers
yu2fa3 - 2015-01-16

I'm well over 40 and yes I was lucky to get early retirement. People who know me describe me as an extrovert and not a party- pooper. I'm always getting invites to KTV from my wife's male and female friends because we have a good laugh and a good time when we go.

Oh no, not KTV! I thought those were places for the shallow-minded, god-awful places where people make a fool of themselves and lose any vestiges of control they may have. What's this I hear on the grape vine about you insisting you on proper stemmed wine glasses? One of the most impracticle unsteady things man ever invented. No, seasoned sensible wine drinkers use whisky tumblers, especially at KTV where you can easily get a lapful of wine on your new corduroys.

I am choosy about my expat friends and certainly could not be considered a "hermit". Most of my expat friends are not involved in teaching but I have made a few expat teacher friends from America, Canada Belgium and Cuba. Had an Aussie friend but we lost contact as he is travelling the world.

Best to try and get on with fellow FT's, not try and be seen as trying to be superior.

I'm sorry you are going through a bad patch and hope things get better for you. I bear no malice to anyone on these boards and I can remain detached until I am attacked- call that 'aloof' if you want to.

How can you bear malice on an Internet ESL forum-that's obvious? It's good to be attacked, don't take it personally, please.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re Changing careers -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Changing careers

Go to another board -