TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Changing careers
yu2fa3 - 2015-01-17

Short memory you have. Don't you remember your comments about Turnoi when you used the word homosexual? Or what about the discussion we had on evangelists in China which led to a debate about evolution? I remember distinctly your homophobic posturing as I'm sure others do on here. Apart from you, who actually says "Have a gay day?" in contemporary English? You know exactly what you are doing when you use this phrase directed to certain poster(s).

The word "gay" has been appropriated and I mentioned that in one post where I wrote something like: 'I remember when the word Gay meant 'happy' , but language changes.' I included some other words where meanings have changed like 'wicked' and 'pants' in that post too.

You resent criticism? A few posts back you were telling us all that the internet was a kind of free-for-all where anything goes.

I didn't use free-for-all and say anything goes. Please supply a link to that. I am of the opinion that you turnoi ,Sb and gang should be allowed to say the things you have said and I have a right to answer you.

I haven't used the word homosexual on turnoi. Please prove it. same old story false or not, the end justifies the means. But you have the right to say it.

The word gay cannot be replaced to describe mood and happy colours et ceteras. I refuse to do without the word-it's too good a word.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re Changing careers -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Changing careers

Go to another board -