TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Do the Research Yourself - Teachers discussion
Amy McMahon - 2006-04-26

As was suggested in my response to the original concern posted about two years ago--- be practical when considering complaints and do the research about the program for yourself. Ms "Polly" is a former employee of this school who has very strong opinions about her experience while working with us. She states that everyone who has worked at the school has had identical experiences. I disagree, as do many current and former employees. Many of these employees have offered, in response to the "Polly" posting, to be references in regards to the past and current realities at our program. Should anyone desire to pursue this concern we can connect you with educators at any grade level or subject, western or Egyptian who can speak to you directly or through email. The more sources you gain information from, the more solid your own opinion can be.

I am sorry that Ms "Polly" did not feel valued during her time with us. Her statement that she was hired simply as a white face denies the strength of her background and experiences, which were the real reasons for her being hired. She left the school very angry and has felt the need to post her frustrations online. Some of her stated concerns were realistic while others were not. Yet the value of her feedback has been weakened because of the bitterness with which she packages it. It has been a year since Ms "Polly" left the school. Some things have changed as the direct result of the more constructive feedback she and others provided while she worked with us. We have educators, both western and Egyptian, working this year as well to make the program even stronger. All of our advertisements/postings speak of the school as being a work-in-progress. Nobody has claimed we have achieved perfection. However, all of us who have remained at the school, as well as those who have joined us this past year, are dedicated to developing a program. We continue to seek educators who are eager to be a part of such a project.

I disagree strongly with this woman's assessment of our school's first year of operation. I believe firmly in the mission of our program (which was developed with the assistance of teachers, including Ms "Polly" herself) and hope that anyone considering working with us in the future, or even considering a move to work in any of the American schools in Egypt, will do their best to gain a wide range of perspectives on the situation they are considering.

Messages In This Thread
Job Hoax from Egypt? -- moonbeam -- 2004-06-16
Re: Job Hoax from Egypt? -- Amy McMahon -- 2004-06-16
Re: Job Hoax from Egypt? -- moonbeam -- 2004-06-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Do the Research Yourself - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -