TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET
San Migs - 2015-01-25

Yes, a woman can install and move a sunbed! Don't be so archaic! We are not all little wallflowers incapable of opening a stiff jar without the assistance of a big, strong man! How ridiculous! You clearly do not understand what feminism is still, I suggest you look it up before throwing the term around again. Last time you brought this up you were under the delusion that feminism = lesbian. Now it appears you are laboring under the delusion it is someone who is bossy?

I am merely stating the pendulum has swung too far---I once slammed a skiing pole into a tiled floor out of frustration at my sister in law for her damned impertinence and lack of respect for my brother who is ten times the size of her, yet afraid of her.British women tend to be horrible, sorry, but that is the truth...I had a female boss which also shaped my perspective, she would nag me to death no end. While perhaps not justifying my views, it might give you some background as to why I despise feminism and british women.Women are killing men in the UK, quite literally.

Halal meat tastes no different to non-halal meat. If I were to cook you a steak made from both you would not be able to tell the difference.

Some might, then as I said, I do not eat red meat anymore so I would not know.

If you are suddenly finding the slaughter of animals barbaric, by halal methods, I suggest you do some research in to the slaughter houses that use non-halal methods. They are equally, if not more, barbaric.

Not suddenly, I have always found it barbaric.

As for taking the right to eat non-halal meat, again it's only the method in which the animal is killed.

Non muslims should not have to eat it though, but I will concede here.

I see no problem serving halal meat in public establishments because the method in which an animal is slaughtered is not important to meat eating observant Christians, nor is it to meat eating atheists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylNf59b8pE

Check this link. Why is it that subway had to go halal, and not kosher or appease any other religious dietary requirements. Again, we know why.

I agree that we tend to see Islamic extremism more than we do Christian or Jewish. That is not to say it doesn't happen, it's just that Islam has yet to drag itself in to the 21st century.

Agreed. And considering the fact that numerals, maths and science was a core part of arab history, I do not understand why it does not want to progress.

But it is still present in other religions; the Israelis did some pretty awful things during the recent activity in and around Gaza, with many Palestinian civilians being slaughtered.

There was that american girl, Rachel Kerrie (?) who got run over by an Israeli bulldozer in the gaza strip. It's very simple, you throw stones at soldiers or windows of a jeep that could crack and get glass in the eyeball of a driver, you get shot at. It's chess, not checkers. In wartime (and yes I believe Israel is at war!), you play the game to survive as best you can. Someone throws a stone at you, what do you do? Yes, there have been abuses and many children and women have been sadly killed, but all the arab countries have to do to end it is recognize Israel and stop financing terrorists. The fact is they won't even recognize Israel, even if they get a palestinian state and jerusalem to themselves.The whole thing is a sad mess, and I fear we will never see the situation resolved peacefully.I support the two state method with Jerusalem being under UN protection as a world religious city, but I doubt we will ever see that happen.

There are American Christian training camps where young children are indoctrinated in to being part of 'Christ's army' (there is a full documentary on YouTube about it). Most recently there was the story of an American woman whose attempts to troll liberals resulted in a very illadvised photo that drew a lot of comparisons to ISIS.

I can well believe it,I also find firebombing and death threats at abortion clinics/doctors to be monstrous, and I know there are lunatics in any religion, much like the hasidic jews in Israel who curse at and stone secular israeli people for having a bbq on the sabbath or girls for wearing swimwear (lighting fire, using electricity, is considered a huge taboo to them on the sabbath).

Although I do believe that there are some that do want to change western values and to them I quote the mayor of Rotterdam "If you do not like our freedoms, then just fuck off"

Quite right, and I don't take the daily mail as sacrosanct btw.

Have a good sunday,
SMGS

Messages In This Thread
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-26
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

Go to another board -