TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › quitting my esl job in China - need advice
Sponge - 2015-01-30

Hello everyone.

I came to China(Guangdong Province) to teach ESL so I could marry my Chinese girlfriend and be together. Well, it turns out I don't like teaching at all and I want to quit. Teaching may not be so bad but this training center is a nightmare and really ruined any desire to teach again.

I signed a 1 year contract and it says I have to pay 10000rmb to get out of the contract. What would happen if I just cut and ran without paying the money? Keep in mind I am on a business visa so technically it is illegal to teach and get paid for it. Will they really report me to the government and admit that they are hiring teachers and paying them without the proper visa? I do not use their provided housing. I have my own apartment here with my wife that I would like to continue living in. I don't care about my reputation or teaching again. We have already begun to start an online business.

Lastly, what will become of my business visa? Can they take it away? I should add that my wife is a Hong Kong citizen, not a mainland citizen so I need to keep the business visa. Hong Kong is a lot more expensive so that is why we want to stay in mainland.

Thanks for any help or advice.

-Sponge

Messages In This Thread
quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Sponge -- 2015-01-30
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- San Migs -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Terry Tuppence -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- martin hainan -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Sponge -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Spector -- 2015-02-01
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › quitting my esl job in China - need advice

Go to another board -