TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice
yu2fa3 - 2015-02-01

Glad to have helped, but working on a tourist visa is no way to go. Guangdong is one of the worst provinces for foreigners now, they know that too many backpacking ne'er do wells from Thailand have ended up there. That is not to say all backpackers or bad, or that I dislike Guangdong, it is just their visa regulations are very tightly wound. I heard on the old grapevine that the Hong Kong visa run is no longer doable from there, you will be refused one, whereas in another province you may be able to get that much coveted Z visa at china resources in Hong Kong. I'd rather be on a business visa if it was me though, if they find out anything, you could be in a pile of shyte. good luck though, spector

You sound a bit of a street-wiser. Do you think it's easier to get married in China and simply work unofficially, than ponse around with Z visas? All this red tape is very annoying ,don't you think?

I bet that cleaning career provided you with a wealth of lesson plans? Take 'toilet brush' for instance...not the same as brush with the toilet or brush with the law....or even entering the brush to relieve yourself. That's a whole hour long lesson plan revolving around the modest brush. Processed food for thought I'd say hahaha!

Messages In This Thread
quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Sponge -- 2015-01-30
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- San Migs -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Terry Tuppence -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- martin hainan -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Sponge -- 2015-01-31
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- Spector -- 2015-02-01
Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re quitting my esl job in China - need advice

Go to another board -