TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China
karine - 2015-02-05

I've noticed that many foreigners come to China with different motivations but most of them become English teachers in kindergarten, learning centers or tutoring at home. Some foreigners have to deal with scams or abuse from agencies or their own firms. My friends told me that sometimes some foreigners come and work for few months in their company then suddenly leave because the job didn't match their expectations. So everyone looses time, energy and money along the process.

Since my major is in HR and Business Management Risks in Wuhan University of Technology, I wanted to do a research about this phenomenon, and find solutions on how to improve firms' recruitment process for a better match with the foreigners' expectations. I needed more information to make the research more reliable, relevant and interesting. This is why some questions are about salary range and profile of the teachers. I also made sure that respondent would be anonymous so there is no threat to answer to it. Only your opinion matters. There's no trap, it's just a survey for an academic research.

I wish that this study would help foreigners to be more aware of the Chinese firms' practice and also for the good firms to improve their working conditions and recruitment process to find quality English teachers not only based on the skin color or origin.

Anyway, thank you for your feedbacks. 8)

Messages In This Thread
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-05
Re English teachers in China -- martin hainan -- 2015-02-05
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-11
Re English teachers in China -- martin hainan -- 2015-02-11
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China

Go to another board -