TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Wrong again! - Teachers discussion
Raoul Duke LOOK! I BEEN TO COLLEGE! - 2006-04-30
In response to Oh how wrong you are! - Teachers discussion (Hemingway)

Uh, Hemingway, it is apparently a MR. Day.
I was wrong at first too.

But I am indeed NOT Hemingway, although he is my good friend and I am honored by the association. I do know that Hemingway and his wife went through hell beyond hell beyond imagining at that stupid uni in Anhui, so I can understand a bit of irritation on his part when someone tries to minimize or excuse away his experience. Especially when said person has no clue what they are talking about.

On other of MR. Day's points:

I most assuredly did NOT post any profanity. I posted nothing that couldn't safely be said before an 8-year-old child. Among my whimsical post-name letters I included a pair of initials that can be interpreted as being shorthand for a phrase that IS profane. So if this is intended to be a rebuttal or a defense, it's a surprisingly desperate one.

I have no problems with degrees and accomplishments. I hold multiple degrees myself and like to think I have at least a few bright spots in my history. These things are on my business cards and my resume where they belong. I haven't spot-welded them to my name, and I can at least place a simple post on an internet forum without waving my degrees in people's faces.

So, I don't in any way challenge your credentials, although personally I find your use of them rather risible and pathetic. I DID, however, challenge some of the ideas you've posted. They NEEDED challenging, in my humble opinion. If you'd like to rebut these challenges, stop trying (rather spuriously) to point the Shrieking Finger Of Pottymouthery at me, and go for it.

I think it's the ideas one generates that determines whether or not one's posts are valid, not the initials one places after one's name. If these ideas are good, they can easily be defended without throwing a tantrum, taking one's degrees down from the wall, or claiming to hang out with dentists.

Regards,
Raoul

Messages In This Thread
first month in China - Teachers discussion -- max -- 2006-04-16
First month in China - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-16
In China, make sure you'll be working for a 'legal' school - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-17
Ist month in China - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-16
Start a Business in China..no degree needed. - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-17
I CAN'T STAND IT! - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke D.U.I., B.L.T., L.S.D., RUN.DMC -- 2006-04-18
Raoul Duke or Hemmingway - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-28
Oh how wrong you are! - Teachers discussion -- Hemingway -- 2006-04-30
Wrong again! - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke LOOK! I BEEN TO COLLEGE! -- 2006-04-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Wrong again! - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -