TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re who's on first?
Beth - 2015-02-10
In response to Re who's on first? (Punisher)

Another alias, Turnoi?! If you're going to post under aliases in order to make it look like more people than SB and SM agree with you, at least try to alter your syntax! (insert sardonic eye rolling here and pointing at "funny schools" and "parasites of society" as clear indicators of the real author)

And I'm not twisting words. You say education should be free and my point is that is not. Tax funded school or tuition fee funded, it is not free.

And for your information (again) most private schools offer scholarships to low income families. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to the vast majority of private schools, especially those outside of China. Big franchises like EF don't, and that's wrong, but you're making sweeping generalisations again, not to mention comparing two different things.

Primary and secondary education is compulsory in the developed world, and state schools are government (tax) funded. University education is a choice, not a human right, and tuition fees apply at 99% of universities in the world. Additional education, such as a second language, is also a personal choice not a right and so tuition fees also apply there in order to pay for things like overheads, teachers salaries and all the other things that goes in to running a school.

I appreciate your utopian view of how education should be, but you simply aren't living in the real world and applying your fantasy to reality and attempting to draw comparisons between the two is a fools errand.

Messages In This Thread
Re who's on first? -- Beth -- 2015-02-08
Re who's on first? -- San Migs -- 2015-02-09
Re who's on first? -- Beth -- 2015-02-09
Re who's on first? -- Punisher -- 2015-02-10
Re who's on first? -- San Migs -- 2015-02-28
Re who's on first? -- Beth -- 2015-02-10
Re who's on first? -- Spector -- 2015-02-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re who's on first?

Go to another board -