TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception"
Fifi - 2015-02-11

Reminds me of myself 2 decades ago at the Pyramids near Cairo: I asked the taxi driver to take me back to my hotel because I felt it was really too hot for me outside the cab (sunny, around 125F). He then told me that I was like a "Japanese peasant", and, disappointed that a tourist would refuse to visit the pyramids, drove me back to my air conditioned hotel where I enjoyed watching CNN in my 68F curtain-closed room. So, yes, I can understand how the French react to the Chinese.

I read somewhere recently that China sent a few hundred Chinese police officers to Paris (part of a cultural exchange between China and France) in order to help the Chinese tourists in Paris, mostly those who have their wallet stolen by pickpockets. Reason: It seems that Paris police officers are as rude to the Chinese tourists as the latter are to their French hosts.

Messages In This Thread
NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Curious -- 2015-02-10
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Sharp -- 2015-02-12
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- martin hainan -- 2015-02-10
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- James Milken -- 2015-02-10
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Spector -- 2015-02-10
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- James Milken -- 2015-02-10
Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Spector -- 2015-02-11
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Fifi -- 2015-02-11
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- San Migs -- 2015-02-11
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-11
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Spector -- 2015-02-12
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- : yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-12
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-11
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Fifi -- 2015-02-13
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-02-13
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception" -- Fifi -- 2015-02-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception"

Go to another board -