TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China
karine - 2015-02-11

Once again it was a personal initiative for an academic research. no local private language school manipulating foreigners behind the study. but anyway people's reactions to my post are very interesting and makes me want to pursue this study even more. I just wrote "friends" then ppl think "you work for them' I write something else "you are the learning center" ahah. it's ok, I understand we don't live in a candid world full of only ppl with good intention so we all developed this defensive reaction when someone tries to get information and think about the worse case scenario. that what make studies challenging.

Anyway to clarify some points, the original idea of writing about this topic came from talking with some friends (who are English teachers in china btw) about their job and the situation in their company or previous company. They were telling me stories about "some foreigners who suddenly dissapear, some agencies who trick people with visa or/and contract terms and so on". So, as a student I find this topic interesting to study.

Recruiting is indeed a big problem for these language companies because of lack of trust and like you said "non licensed greedy companies" who don't play with the rules and drag foreigners in bad situations. They indeed have different background and motivation this is why I asked in the questionnaire what were their original motivation to come to China.

thanks to "cunning linguist" for sharing your personal experience and opinion about the topic that was really instructive.

Messages In This Thread
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China

Go to another board -