TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What qualities make a good teacher? - Teachers discussion
Sensei Joe (teaching in Japan) - 2006-05-02

Superb:

1) Patience. If someone has a question, don't be rude when they are trying to understand it.
2) Learn when to shutup. Many teachers I've had in the past keep talking to the class even after they have assigned the class something to do. Then the teacher wants to know why the work wasn't done.
3) Make sure you have a full understanding of the subject you are teaching.
4) Make sure you have at least a decent grasp of the language you are speaking in. It is extremely annoying when a teacher says something like "irregardless" or add a preposition/prepositional phrase to the end of every sentence, whether or not it actually belongs there.
5) We need homework, but don't give us so much homework that we end up neglecting our other courses. We don't want to stay up until 3 in the morning doing our homework just like you don't want to stay up grading it.
6) Be willing to work with your students, but don't be a pushover
7) It is quite unprofessional to come in to class dressed like a 16 year-old high school girl.

I have some more, but I'll stop there. ^_^

by:Techie-Micheal
http://www.bertieaddicts.org/

Messages In This Thread
What qualities make a good teacher? - Teachers discussion -- Sensei Joe (teaching in Japan) -- 2006-05-02
Diploma mills thriving - Teachers discussion -- Sensei Joe (teaching in Japan) -- 2006-05-03
How to recognize bogus diploma mill 'schools' - Teachers discussion -- Sensei Joe (teaching in Japan) -- 2006-05-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What qualities make a good teacher? - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -