TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Aging Teachers - Teachers Discussion
Bob the middle aged lonere - 2006-05-04
In response to less is more - Teachers discussion (Aging Also)

Dear Also Aging

I have just turned 40 and I resent your comments that older teacher tend to drone on. Is that what you really think?

How many teachers of the different age groups have you observed?

Can I deduce from you comments that all young teachers provide effective interesting lesson, while us oldies drone on and go off on a tangent?

I have worked with teachers of all ages and complaints come to teachers of all ages, not just the old ones. In fact the more serious complaints of incompetence, poor preparation and unprofessional conduct are more often than not aimed at young inexperienced teachers. No offence to younger teachers, we all have something of value to offer.

And by the way your comment about pair work is just fantastic. Sounds like you are trying to prove to us all you know how to teach.

To The Arrogant One, keep on complaining, TEFL is saturated with "yes" men and women too scared to have their say.

Messages In This Thread
I, for one, am sick to hell of bias in the ESL marketplace! - Teachers discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-03-01
less is more - Teachers discussion -- Aging Also -- 2006-04-20
RE: Aging in ESL - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-05-11
The Arrogant One - Teachers Discussion -- Mingong -- 2007-03-30
Aging Teachers - Teachers Discussion -- Bob the middle aged lonere -- 2006-05-04
DR. YANNI & MR. GERARD - Teachers discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-03-04
Bias in the ESL Marketplace - Teachers discussion -- Dr. Yanni Zack- ESL Teaching Tips and Strategies -- 2006-03-03
...be brave; face your age! - Teachers discussion -- Gerard Callahan -- 2006-03-03
Unfortunately.... - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-03-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Aging Teachers - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -