TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion
George Evashuk - 2006-05-11

The Huamei Education Investment Group in Guangzhou includes Guangzhou Huamei International School. guangdong Training School for Studying Abroad, Tianjin Yinghua International School, Guangzhou huamei Bond International School, and most recently The Pre Masters Program, which is affiliataed with the Wales International Consortium, a group of Welsh universities looking for high-fee paying international students.

The job advertisment said I would be working at Sun Yat Sen Univeristy or the Guangdong University of Business and all the correspondence was signed such. It wasn't until I arrived that I learned it was a private school and that the contract was only for 6 months instead of the advertised 12. Also, I was told that I would be sharing my apartment with a Chinese student because it was "so expensive".

The manager, Mr. Huang Guang, is a xenophobe and had no interest in making a successsful working relationship. He seemed only interested in humiliating and abusing me, not in providing the paying customers with a quality education, and thus making a profit. After the mosts junior employee on the staff let himself into my apartment with the mangers approval and berated me for not respecting the Chinese, not saying thank you and showing gratitude for all they were doing with me, I was summarily fired three days later, which left the students without a teacher. I attempted to contact Mr. Huang's boss, the president of the Huamei Group, to discuss the issues, and even though he told a consular officer at the Canadian consulate, who intervened on my behalf, that he was eager to meet with me, he never did after four requests. He fully supported the criminal actions of his employees. Almost everything these people said to me was a lie. This definitely is one outfit to avoid like the plague. the most difficult thing to understand was why they would treat the only member of the staff qualified to do the work in such a poor way. They were unaware that it was in their own self interest to make the working relationship a success. China certainly is a very foreign country and English teachers are for the most part, cannon fodder. Honour and justice are foreign concepts here.

Messages In This Thread
BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- George Evashuk -- 2006-05-11
Re BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Steven Katsipodas -- 2016-10-25
BE AWARE OF SILLY POSTINGS -- Nick Grigoriou -- 2008-04-15
Huamei International School / ŏ -- disgruntled emloyee -- 2007-03-20
Stay Away! HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Past Teacher -- 2006-08-30
is it good to study in Guangzhou huamei International school? - Teachers Discussion -- trang -- 2006-09-02
I teach at Huamei International school. - Teachers Discussion -- Ivan Nalder -- 2006-05-30
Bottom of the Barrel - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke LOOK! I BEEN TO COLLEGE! -- 2006-05-22
Burned in China - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-22
Honor and Justice - Relax George - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-05-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -