TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › At which level will you be teaching? - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-05-11

At which level will you be teaching? Secondary school? High school? College? I

f you're heading to a college, a TESOL may be something you should think about getting, even if you don't "need" it to get the job. However, go the cheapest route you can, such as an online version. Don't spend big bucks on a program you'll need to fly to on an expensive plane ticket. You don't need to. All you really need is a resource, such as a library book, and the desire to do it. I can't stress how important the "desire" factor is.

I went the expensive-TESOL-program-route and now wish I handn't. The program itself was pretty good, but it was still too expensive. Moreover, I use very, very little of what I learned in that program today on the job.

If you are going to teach more of the same, in other words, if you're going to teach secondary students, you need only to read a good book on TESOL. This is free at a public library. And you can renew it as many times as you need. If you "need" a TESOL at this level, I'd get a counterfeit made and go to work. You've got a year's experience teaching already. This should be enough.

Messages In This Thread
Do I need a qualification? - Teachers Discussion -- olivia -- 2006-05-10
At which level will you be teaching? - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-11
Training and China - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › At which level will you be teaching? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -