TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
San Migs - 2015-03-23
In response to Re HS2 (yu2fa3)

Very sad really, I enjoyed trainspotting as a boy, and watching all the diesel locos come and go. Privatization of the rail system was one of the worst things to happen to the UK, call me a communist if you like, but some things run better being nationalized and state owned, with the workers having a say in the running of the company.While I admire Branson for wanting to keep concorde running, I'm not sure if his train services are any better, not when it costs you the equivalent of a flight ticket to Spain to get from say London to Leeds, kudos to China, Hong Kong,Taiwan....the railway services are far more efficient and much fairer priced, I can take the train to a tutoring job on the other side of HK for no more than 1 pound and thirty pence....that would get you nowhere in the UK, the chuffing ticket from Manchester Airport to my hometown was around a fiver, a bloody diesel train and not direct!!!

Something has got broken somewhere, my hometown now doesn't have rail service at weekends because of the electrification of the line, meanwhile in East Asia, massive rail stations and high speed rail linking everywhere. Then let's not even go into the appalling airports, with the exception of Heathrow T5 which is overpriced imho, the rest are just crap in the UK.

Messages In This Thread
Re HS2 -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-22
Re HS2 -- San Migs -- 2015-03-23
Re HS2 -- yu2fa3 - tuscan -- 2015-03-23
Re HS2 -- San Migs -- 2015-03-24
Re HS2 -- yu2fa3 - tuscan -- 2015-03-24
Re HS2 -- San Migs -- 2015-03-25
Re HS2 -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-25

Go to another board -