TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Reply - Teachers Discussion
Stacy - 2006-05-12
In response to response - Teachers Discussion (American in Nanjing)

To respond to your post, I will be more specific. I guess I didn't make myself clear. They didn't take the money from me, they just refused to pay me the money I worked for. They refused to pay me for half a month's salary and for two months rent. I tried to have several discussions with them, but they were unwilling to talk to me. Yes, I did absolutely everything that they required of me as a full time teacher. When I quit, they asked me to stay as a part time teacher. I continued to work as a part time teacher for them for several months to try and keep a good relationship, so I would be paid. However, as soon as I became persistant about being paid, the school stopped calling me to be a part time teacher. As far as the breaking of the contract, I will be more specific about the violations. First, my contract said that I would be paid a monthly allowance for my rent. I was not paid this allowance for two months. Second, my contract said that all teaching materials would be available to me. Many to the materials were lost and not available. When I asked for replacements, they were not given. Third, my contract said that I would be paid my full monthly salary on the fifth of the following month. The school withheld half of my first month's salary and said it would be paid when I finished my contract. This was no where in my contract. Last, my contract said that I would have my own computer. I was never given a computer and had to share one with five other teachers. It was difficult to get my work done and prepare good lessons, when I could not use a computer. Maybe these violations seem simple to others, but combined they made working for this school a nightmare for me. While I was there, the school had to replace the foreign teacher's coordinator three times because they kept on quiting. They expected me to live in an apartment, which I shared with two rats. From my experience teaching abroad, these circumstances are unacceptable. I have done everything I can to get the money I am owed. I hope that other teachers are careful. Make sure that you talk to another foreign teacher who works at the school you want to work at before you sign a contract. If I had talked to the teachers who worked at Nasdaken, I would have know that the school was not good and I would have found another job.

Messages In This Thread
Nasdaken International English - Teachers discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-04-08
Hmmmm - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-11
I say "Hmmmmm..." also, but for different reasons - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-11
Sounds like I'd sign a contract today.... - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-13
Speaking of "runners"... and "happy" full timers - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-13
Those annoying mindsets the powers push us to adopt - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-14
More "Chinese," please... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-14
Well, to be frank again, Frank - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-15
the chinese way - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-14
A long (and possibly pointless?) reply - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-12
response - Teachers Discussion -- American in Nanjing -- 2006-05-08
Reply - Teachers Discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-05-12
...and another thing - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
In support of Stacy and her statements about Nasdaken - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
Subtle extensions of the truth - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-08-02
Thanks, and best wishes to you (from my "bad mouth") - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-04
Keeping a watchful eye... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-09
Martin? Where For Art Thou, Martin? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-17
"Tis but thy name that is my enemy" - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-09-06
Martin, a reply from you -- AT LONG LAST!!! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-06
Nasdaken obviously DOESN'T CARE - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Websites, etc. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-24
"As the website turns..." - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Have you posted this warning on Raoul's site? - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Reply - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -