TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beijing Foreign Studies University
teachinchina - 2015-04-01

Hi,

I'm a newbie and would welcome some constructive feedback.

For just over 3 weeks, emails were exchanged between the recruiter, myself who then liaised with Beijing Foreign Studies University. I had my Skype interview and was asked to prepare a 20 mins mock lesson plan. For the first 5 minutes or so, I could see the interviewer from HR. She was clearly surprised that I was Chinese with a UK passport. Shortly after, I faced a blank screen for the entire interview.

For my lesson plan, I was given 3 pages from an e-book with very simple words, 'we like to fish' etc. I then prepared and submitted my lesson plan and materials. I spent a lot of time gathering the materials for my teaching e.g making flash cards, lesson plan briefing (step by step guide as if it's for a substitute teacher) etc. A week or so later, the recruiter informed me that the Uni has decided not to progress with my application because they already have interviewed other candidates or lined up interviews in the pipeline.

I understand the recruiter intend to bring the matter up with senior management but his view is not optimistic at all.

Is this a common practice in China i.e the length of time it has taken from the interview to 'the door in the face?' Is the latter a common feature amongst employers in China esp amongst Chinese management? Does anyone ever worked for Beijing Foreign Studies University and can provide both favourable and unfavourable feedback?

Many thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Beijing Foreign Studies University -- teachinchina -- 2015-04-01
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-04-01
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- San Migs -- 2015-04-02
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-04-02
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- San migs -- 2015-04-02
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-04-02
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- San migs -- 2015-04-02
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- David Dilley -- 2015-04-03
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- San migs -- 2015-04-03
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- David Dilley -- 2015-04-03
Re Beijing Foreign Studies University -- San Migs -- 2015-04-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beijing Foreign Studies University

Go to another board -