TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Life boring? Drink more wine?
yu2fa3 - 2015-04-01

"Been accused recently of leading a 'boring worthless life' " - not by me! I used the word "uneventful". Some people are quite happy with lives that don't have all the dramas, crises and events.

Your life is hardly 'worthless' with a small child to look after, so whoever said that is being very mean. The way I see it it that you are "rich" in that you are able to see the growth and development of your daughter and be a part of that process.

On wine: Tesco used to do a very palatable French red called Cuvee Prestige at £2.99 a bottle. It's probably more expensive now if they still stock it. Neighbours and friends who used to come around for dinner always commented on the nice plummy taste.

On pushchairs: always worth checking the small ads in some shop windows or the pawn shops for a second hand Mamas and Papas 3-wheeler if you want to shop at Sainsbury's and they have health and safety concerns. Aldi and Lidl cost-cutting supermarkets do very well in the UK.

Yes, heard of that wine and it's probably about 6 quid now. Lately I have been buying Yellow Tail Shiraz when it's on offer for about 6-7 quid, but you can get the £4 real plonk still.

Only joking about the pushchair; we just don't like investing in stuff like that- all dancinf all singing prams.

Messages In This Thread
Re Life boring? Drink more wine? -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-04-01
Re Life boring? Drink more wine? -- hunt and kill -- 2015-04-02
Re Life boring? Drink more wine? -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-04-02
Re Life boring? Drink more wine? -- San Migs -- 2015-04-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Life boring? Drink more wine?

Go to another board -