TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › The Same Old Song and Dance - Teachers Discussion
DB - 2006-05-15

I'm always amazed to discover that recruiters who have received repeated negative reviews here, and in some cases have proven to be downright dishonest, continue to sollicit teachers. Why is that? I guess the simple answer is that there are so many job seekers that the recruiters rightfully realize that a certain percentage of them don't bother doing the research that they should be doing. Not that research will always help you avoid the pitfalls - I've been scammed a few times myself even after doing what I considered adequate research, but generally speaking it can help you.
The research you do should not be confined to one website either. There are many online resources. Also, your research should ultimately give you a clear outline of what salary and benifits you should expect in accordance with the particular city or area where you are planning to work.
A glaring example of a recruitment company that trolls for the unsuspecting and inexperienced teacher is one that posts here frequently. GEVU. Check it out. They want to give you a job in Shanghai for example. The pay? 3500 - 4000RMB What a joke. If you work in Shanghai, you should expect at least 10,000. If you're not working for at least that, you've been scammed. Yeah, I know there are many of you working there for less than that - 6 or 7 or 8,000RMB and you think that's ok. Sorry, you've been scammed.
Well, ok, just felt like ranting and raving a little bit. Good luck. RESEARCH!

· Previous · Next Return to Index › The Same Old Song and Dance - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -