TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Haunted loft!
David Dilley (was yu2fa3) - 2015-04-21

Never bothered with a catch/ lock and hinges on the door to the loft. Much easier for access if it is a recessed panel that you just lift out, but each to their own. In the big house I sold in the UK we had a double garage and I even put flooring in the roof void for more storage space! Problem is the more space one has the more clutter is stored out of sight and forgotten. Then, when you want to sell/rent/ move house or country, there is the mad dash that you are experiencing at the moment to tidy everything away.

When I had the small building maintenance company I had a trailer with a ladder-rack which I towed behind the estate car. After several trips to the landfill site, most of the clutter was gone.

We have a big delivery of foodstuff this afternoon between 4 and 5 p.m. The online order goes to the provincial capital and then it is sent by bus to our city. Usually six large polystyrene boxes filled with food and ice that are really heavy. As the bus driver stops quite close to where we want the delivery it is just then a matter of getting one of the 3-wheeler motorcycle delivery guys (20 rmb) to deliver to the door and help us unload. I suppose I could invest in a sack trolley ( you know, the one you used to take your daughter to the supermarket Ha Ha) but then where do we store the thing? Oh, I know, more floorboards! Not.

The problem is if you don't use a hinged hatch and a latch you operate with a pole is you need a ladder to do it. My ladder is fixed in position, I just pull it down with said pole.

Well, what's 20 rmb? You don't need a porter's trolley.

Messages In This Thread
Re Haunted loft! -- David Dilley (was yu2fa3) -- 2015-04-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Haunted loft!

Go to another board -