TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hey, Bob. - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-05-16
In response to yeah but... - Teachers Discussion (uncle bob)

Hey, Bob. Believe it or not, there ARE good things about Thailand. The weather is one.

I'm nearing the end of another contract, and may sign another one someplace while I wait on a visa to go through. The main reason? The weather.

I don't understand why people will go to a place like China, make a mediocre salary, and put up with the winter weather. There are better places.

Same goes for the 'marginalized' (designated losers) who live back in the US. These guys will work for minimum wage at some dead-end job, pay 3 bucks a gallon for gasoline, rent an apartment with roommates, and STILL endure the bad weather.

Good weather goes a LONG way in my opinion. After enduring some cold-ass winters back home, I can say it's been nice living in the tropics. I'm kinda dreadin' going back to those temperate climes. If I return to the US of A only to find dull, uniteresting employment, I'll return to the tropics.

Messages In This Thread
Well, isn't that special... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-12
hey kids... - Teachers Discussion -- uncle bob -- 2006-05-13
"At least not the "illicit" kind", said Lilly - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-14
yeah but... - Teachers Discussion -- uncle bob -- 2006-05-14
Hey, Bob. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-16
Hey Rheno - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-05-16
Hey, DB - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-17
Or at least be carefuller - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hey, Bob. - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -