TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Follow up to the hidden side of American history
Twice shy - 2015-05-06

I've read all of the posts "answering" mine regarding the practice of the U.S. government hiding the facts of true events of the atrocities in its own past. First I want to make it plain that I'm not "euro trash" and I find it disgusting that this bigoted term is used for my FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS in Europe. If you read or watch the news in countries not controlled by the U.S. government you see events and information that Americans don't know about. I'm an older American who has paid attention to the back stories of major issues swept under the rug or hidden in Americas' "closet". I've lived in eight states and visited 31 others including Hawaii. American was a great country when it's middle class had good paying jobs and carried the economy. Now it's just a large country with a staggering number of homeless, unemployed, under-employed, and a huge virus of urban blight. I've seen the damage of run down inner cities due to mayors who were or are corrupt and squandered billions that could've been used to revitalize their own economies. I won't apologize to the posters who feel that America should be or deserves to be immune from criticism regarding it's own policies or horrid social crimes. If the POTUS and the news media can point a dirty finger at our neighbors around the world for their atrocities then it needs to stop it's own hypocrisy. And America needs to "aid" it's own: hungry, homeless, sick children, and crumbling infrastructure. And "aid" from the U.S. usually involves gaining a foothold in in a country for business or control of the local government or resources in those nations it "helps". Did you know that when there is a clothing drive by local churches or charities in the U.S. that the clothes are put in huge bundles and sold to buyers in countries like the Philippines and then re-sold in what are known as ukay-ukays which is the local dialect for thrift stores? If you want to gift clothing for the homeless or those afflicted by natural disasters go to those areas and give directly. Don't like to hand out money? Great give food or store certificates. Charity starts in the home or in this case the homeland. I like the fact I was born in American and had the many benefits of living there. But I've also been the victim of: profiling, discrimination, cronyism, nepotism, cliquism, and other horrid and ignorant behavior. I'm not African-American but Italian-American who had the delightful experience of being told on several occasion: "We don't want no mafia around here". I have to leave the U.S because of a simple choice: either go to a country I could find work in or die in the streets of my place of birth. After the crash in 2008 I couldn't buy a job. I went to several states and found that my age group was being discriminated against. Only young persons in their twenties were getting hired for what I was applying for. So instead of looking for government hand-outs or charity I went around the world to get work. There's nothing wrong with seeking those things but I also found that the federal and local governments did not like to give help to my demographic. I will continue to work probably the day of my death. This is not a problem for me because I LIKE TO WORK. Peace.

Messages In This Thread
Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Twice shy -- 2015-05-06
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Caring -- 2015-05-07
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Somebody -- 2015-05-07
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Caring -- 2015-05-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Follow up to the hidden side of American history

Go to another board -