TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history
Caring - 2015-05-07

The American history is surely forgotten; or, conveniently swept under the carpet. Founding Fathers' atrocious acts against natives have almost completely wiped out the culture(s) we may only see in Indian reserves around North America currently. Till this very day, there has not been one American president with any roots to the native culture except the present one, Barack Obama, whom some ironically label as "non-native", not even a vice president either except one whom I cannot recall off the top of my head now. So, yes, I agree about the bigotry that we are living in. The intolerance towards others and dishonesty are probably the main reasons why we cannot and will not get along with each other around the world. Moreover, the greed is the cause of much of the misery many have to cope with. Unfortunately, The United States of American cannot be the model nation to the world for the way its history has unfolded.

Messages In This Thread
Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Twice shy -- 2015-05-06
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Caring -- 2015-05-07
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Somebody -- 2015-05-07
Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history -- Caring -- 2015-05-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Follow up to the hidden side of American history

Go to another board -