TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re broke laowai (foreigner) want to be important in China.
Dragonized - 2015-05-23

Great post. As someone with Chinese heritage I always experienced the most discrimination from my tribe of origin so to speak. In the USA where I'm from the most prevalent form of discrimination at least in the mainstream stems from the issue of Race. However, you could be of the same skin color, language background, religious/secular beliefs or whatnot and there will still be discrimination based on the village of where your great-great grandfather came from with the chinese in general. It is quite odd and silly. I think part of my time in the ESL industry which was spent in China taught me that no matter how badly someone of a different heritage treats you, none is as bad as someone of chinese blood. To these people the Label of having "chinese" origin is treated as a Slave Brand to give them the excuse of treating you like crap.

The chinese in general should live their anti-western values and stop buying western made stuff and stop enabling discrimination if they really cared about what they said. The problem is we are talking about a whole group of folks who can't even understand the words that come out of their own mouths. 4th rate education at its finest.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re broke laowai (foreigner) want to be important in China.

Go to another board -