TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yeah, and more... - Teachers Discussion
Yingwen Laoshi - 2006-05-25

> for me anyway, is that when I'm in the classroom or preparing lesson
> plans, I'm a teacher. The rest of the time I consider myself a
> business man. If its dealing with contracts or agreements with my
> manager, or if its demo classes at companies, proposals for
> prospective clients, I have to look at it as though its business.

> I guess I'm too much of a greedy capitalist American to let any more
> pink and green Maos slip through the fingers of business than
> necessary!

Yep!, all I'm interested in is those pinkies. They're the only notes worth anything here. I think I've become a lot more business-minded since working and living in China. I'm reflecting the mercenary nature of many shopkeepers, businessmen and school owners more each day. Why not? What's good for them is good for us. I say to them "If you want to argue about money, let's get it on"! I'm a businessman too.

There's more to it than that though. If you tell me on the phone that you're going to pay me 5000 RMB for 14-18 classes a month, when I arrive don't tell me that I will only get that amount if I work 18 classes, and that anything less will mean a decrease in salary. Don't tell me that you will pay for utilities, and whan I arrive you say sorry there was a misunderstanding with the recruiter, we DON'T pay utilities.

It,s not just the money for me. I just wish they would mean what they say and ...sigh! You know what I mean!

Messages In This Thread
Yeah, and more... - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-25
Don't Take Altered Deals! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-25
Agreed. Don't put up with broken promises. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-27
Crosstown Traffic - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-26
'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-27
A "TESOL Legend" in Thailand - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
Classic Post, Ying - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-27
You're not going anywhere, Bro! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-28
You're right, Ying - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yeah, and more... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -