TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re CFTU announcement
foxy - 2015-05-26
In response to Re: Re CFTU announcement (Sarah)

Thank you, Sarah.

Just to go on from my earlier post: I had heard that the school had been let down at the last minute by an American who had accepted the vacant post and that I was accepted as a very late replacement for him as I would be able to get there in time to teach from the start of the school year. The school had been desperate!

Later on, the FAO had supplied my cellphone number to private school bosses even though my contract specified it was necessary for me to ask permission before accepting offers of second jobs. I asked for permission, just to see what the response would be - it was a negative.

When I realized I had not been registered for all those months as living in that city, I confronted the FAO about that. He said not to worry. When I went on to talk about the PSB, he said the school wouldn't let them pass through the gate, so I needn't worry. At that point I went to the headmaster.

In the light of my experience there and having read what others have said on forums, my strong advice is that no newby who wishes to teach should come to China without a Z visa, and that a foreign teacher should not take on a second job without asking permission first if it specifies this in the contract.

Messages In This Thread
Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- Sarah -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-05-27
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-27
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-05-28
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-28
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- Jack -- 2015-05-30
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-06-01
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-06-01
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-06-01