TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re CFTU announcement
foxy - 2015-06-01
In response to Re: Re CFTU announcement (Jack)

.... it went backward following the Tiananmen square protests (that were in fact nationwide protests in hundreds of cities, and later on riots), the regime never forgot and still fears its people more than anything else.

Jiang and Hu played the card of nationalism in a subtle manner, they did not spread xenophobia and followed Deng's principles of "hiding your strength" and better foreign relations.

It is Xi who, belonging to the elitist faction whose members are offspring of communist revolutionaries born with a golden spoon in their mouth, increased national pride to compensate the slows in GDP growth and hold onto his power.

I agree with it all, and I think the anti-corruption push, including deportation of China's illegal aliens, is complementary to the other traits that the leadership has been following.

Coming back to xenophobia and racism, in Europe and most of the West it took a lot of education and a bit of self-shaming (for White people) to create the multiracial societies that we know today. Will China do the same? No, definitely no.

I agree that China will never become a multiracial society in the way that many western societies have developed. We, as non-Chinese, will always be outsiders wjhile living in the PRC. The brilllliant minds of other countries will never congregate within China to share their knowledge to develop science and medicine. There are too many restrictions on their movements here that they'd never tolerate!

Again, I'd like to stress that teaching illegally in China is no longer an option worth considering in my view due to the stiff penalties that have been on the books for a few years to date, and appear to be being enforced these days!

Messages In This Thread
Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- Sarah -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-26
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-05-27
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-27
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-05-28
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-05-28
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- Jack -- 2015-05-30
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-06-01
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- San Migs -- 2015-06-01
Re: Re CFTU announcement -- foxy -- 2015-06-01