TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › You're not going anywhere, Bro! - Teachers Discussion
Yingwen Laoshi - 2006-05-28
In response to Classic Post, Ying - Teachers Discussion (Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U)

There's certainly a lot wrong with TESOL and it can be really frustrating at times, but I still like it a lot.

Yeah, I could go back to London and get myself a job pushing a pen in an office from 9 to 5 everyday. I'm sure I wouldn't be any worse of financially either. But would I be happier?

I still get a rush out of interacting for ninety minutes or so with thirty or fourty Chinese students, doing my best to help them not just learn English, but some positive skills and an attitude that will help them in their future life. Until that rush disappears I'm staying in ESL. It's definitely by FAR the most fulfilling job I've had in my life. Yes, I have a lot of challenges both inside and outside the classroom sometimes, but I always try and focus on my students and my teaching. That's where most of my enjoyment comes from.

If I had a penny for everytime I said to my girlfriend, " That's it! I've had enough I'm leaving China!", I'd be a millionare. Although I often complain about a lot of things here, deep down I still like it and still find the culture, my job and life here interesting. I've left the rat race behind in England and have no desire to return to it at the moment.

I don't know you Rheno, but I have learnt a lot about you from your posts. I think you have similar sentiments as myself and you don't really want to go back. The fact that you always earnestly post about your experiences and frustrations here is testament to how much you care about TESOL. Even if you do go back to the U.S, it won't be long until you come back.

TESOL is a part of you. It's in your blood. You have unfinished business here. You're not going anywhere, Bro'!

Messages In This Thread
Yeah, and more... - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-25
Don't Take Altered Deals! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-25
Agreed. Don't put up with broken promises. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-27
Crosstown Traffic - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-26
'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-27
A "TESOL Legend" in Thailand - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
Classic Post, Ying - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-27
You're not going anywhere, Bro! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-28
You're right, Ying - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › You're not going anywhere, Bro! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -