TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yeah, I've heard that from folks - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-05-30
In response to Doesn't Matter - Teachers Discussion (Raoul Duke)

Yeah, Raoul, I've heard of that crap going on. It's no surprise, though. No damn way is it surprising.

The dirty trickery of these schools was shocking to me when I first got into this, but nothing surprises me now after two years in TESOL. Hearing about the rumors of teachers being killed in Thailand because they don't pass certain students who are the sons and daughters of important people, reading the website testimonies of teachers going to China and being thrown out in the cold, both literally and figuratively, and having my own personal experiences both here and in South Korea kick me in the teeth mean nothing raises my eyebrows now.

The only thing that would surprise me is a cheap plane ticket home. Yeap, after all I've seen and experienced, I STILL have to get home somehow, so I'm about to get screwed one more time. Getting back to San Fran or L.A. for about 200 bucks would be nice. I need a pleasant surprise for a change. Now would be a good time to get that surprise.

This is about business first and foremost, as I've said over and over. Education comes a distant second at every school, but especially at the private schools in places like SK, Thailand, and China. This and coupled with common practices you tell about in your posts and the fact that farang are mostly spineless make me glad I'm leaving this behind....maybe forever.

Raoul, I want to come over to your site and introduce myself, but I just haven't had the time. I'd like to meet some of your regulars and let them know about my experiences in Thailand and my overall view of TESOL now. I'll be dropping by somedamnday. I hope it's soon.

Messages In This Thread
How far do we dare venture? -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-05-28
Different Strokes for Different Folks - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-30
I surrender already! - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-03
Surrender? - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-06-03
Group Hug. Strictly brotherly. - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-03
Roses and Manure, Applied As Indicated - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-29
And the reason you'd be fired would be.... -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-30
What are the differences . - Teachers Discussion -- Alexia -- 2006-05-30
Why not start a visa thread? - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-30
different fields - Teachers Discussion -- Alexia -- 2006-06-02
Or Not... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-02
Doesn't Matter - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-30
Yeah, I've heard that from folks - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yeah, I've heard that from folks - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -