TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-01
In response to Answer for Tony - Teachers Discussion (Dianne)

Interesting comment. Brings to mind: "Ask not what your school can do for you, ask what you can do for the school." Hee hee.
When I arrived in China I was told I would be giving Oral English classes. That was a surprise. Not sure what that meant but I found it means doing chong-fu or back and forth oral repeating. This has some value but I am asking myself in a class of 50 kids, "Who can hear the mistakes and so how can they make slight improvements?" When I teach Oral English I must put the main points on the board as a crutch or support for the oral. In my school I find that if I try to speak with one kid he/she will not speak up so all can hear and thus the whole class loses interest. It is a delima. They are so accustomed to using chong-fu with their Chinese English teachers. I have used some oral games too (Sketch & Hint and Hangman) and recitation but the later is not that successful because of the small voice and shyness in speaking at the front. Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Once in a life time chance - Teachers Discussion -- S W Tony -- 2006-05-31
Answer for Tony - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-05-31
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-01
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-02
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
You didn't go to clown college. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
Reno Hit the nail and made me laugh - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-07
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-06
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -