TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Prices in Korea - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-02
In response to Exaggerating? Who are you trying to fool? (Rheno747)

I worked and shopped all over Korea for the last 10 years. That's what I know. Tooth paste does not cost $10 a tube unless you are buying a 3 kilo tube. Never saw one myself. Ha ha.

Regarding expensive fruit..it is no more expensive than in Canada or the US but Korea does have some very special fruit that goes for premium prices. That is because Koreans are masters at growing certain types of fruit. They have the longest strawberry season I have ever seen (maybe Feb. to June) and that is because they extend the seasons with greenhouses and lights. Have you ever seen a pear as big as a basketball. I did. They have monster pears from Naju near where I lived (Gwangju). They are sold in individual boxes as prized gifts and they do sell for a lot, $25+ each and that was 1997. They are exceptional, unblemished, and sold to Japan or used on ancestral altars. The same goes for exceptional watermelon from Mudung Mountain Gwangju. They are famous all over Korea and command a higher price. Regular watermelon and regular pears have regular prices. Asian markets in general are great places to visit but some things may disturb a Westerner. I just came from a snake, turtle and frog market in China. There were puppies for sale too (urp!).

Messages In This Thread
s. Korea~what's a GOOD teaching job? - Teachers Discussion -- backabushgirl -- 2006-05-25
Wow! Good deal - Teachers Discussion -- Scott -- 2006-05-26
That does sound pretty good. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-26
Be Careful in Korea - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-27
Exaggerating? Who are you trying to fool? -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
Prices in Korea - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-02
ESL Discussion ??? - Teachers Discussion -- Neal Braun -- 2006-06-02
Here, Here! - Teachers Discussion -- Megaladon -- 2006-06-03
No Clique - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-03
A solution for what's ailing you. - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-03
Alien Anus - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-02
Okay, okay. The cat is out of the bag. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-02
ESL Discussion ??? - Teachers Discussion -- Neal Braun -- 2006-06-03
I'm no teacher. I never really claimed to be. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-05
Verbal battle? - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-03
Male Hormone Thread - Teachers Discussion -- Virginia Slim -- 2006-06-06
That plays a part in SK. -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Prices in Korea - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -