TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re sad aftermath of ESL "careers"
San Migs - 2015-08-18

It is impossible to make an ESL "career" work, because ESL is NOT a career, never has been, never will

True,most brit guys I knew in China just saw it as a 1 or 2 year hiatus, and most are now teaching/working back in the UK, or have gone on to teach in other places.

Never said marrying rich is a good idea, however I am not interested in any woman who can't support herself.

Me neither. I'd rather be single and eat a nice curry and drink cold beer in a nice restaurant, rather than keep some stupid lazy woman in fingernail paint and handbags and iphone accessories. Chinese men may be dumb enough to do that, but I and I suspect you are much smarter than them, in not caving into their demands.

here are way to many women in Asia, especially in China who are just lazy and just expect men to provide everything for them.

Yeap, sod the PC and feminazis on here. Men don't have to give them anything, they are just lazy and expect nice shit.

particularly despise foreigners who buy houses and cars for Chinese women. In 2015 they should know better, and they just make the entitlement mentality of these women worse.

I know of one british idiot who bought a house, with no money, now he has to pay the mortgage off to the chinese bank each month, because his younger wife wanted a nice house for her and her family. No pension, no savings, and nothing in the UK and he is in his late 40s on his arse. He is just as lazy as she is, you know what they say, birds of a feather?!

If you think unemployed and totally broke 50 years olds should move to China to teach then you must be crazy.

Agreed. At that age I'd either teach somewhere more lucrative where it will pay better, or simply stay at the UK and get government help and work. There are things like housing benefit and income support to help out.

Messages In This Thread
Re sad aftermath of ESL "careers" -- San Migs -- 2015-08-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re sad aftermath of ESL "careers"

Go to another board -