TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Daves's ESL Cafe trolls
formerZhengzhou - 2015-08-19

I can't agree even though I've seen far too many lowlifes running schools, employed by them, have a special distrust for foreigners who are recruiters and there is no doubt problems but..

...I've been in a lot of schools, met a lot of different people, hundreds of them by now and interestingly the foreign teachers who fall into the 'good' category are really really good people. As in better than average people and superior people in the sense confucius would see them. interestingly again, some of the most honest people. Which is actually 'bad' in the sense they are exactly who gets sucked on by the bad category who is often very very very bad.

TA's can be a problem but for the most part almost every 'PA' (personal assistant to foreign teachers) I've met are actually pretty good or pretty bad in the exact same way. The good ones (more than 50%) are often really good sweet young people who mean well and are also getting used and abused. Agree with you guys in the sense the ones who are bad are really really nefarious little f&&kers who cannot wait to game, backstab, lie, use etc.

Now, part of my perception might be because I have developed very good 'radar' for shltty people I can see are going to be a problem so I will just automatically avoid a FT I recognize as being a douchebag but I will align and support FT and TAs I can see are the good ones. And there are many and they usually don't get noticed or the proper attention it should be said too.

Messages In This Thread
Re Daves's ESL Cafe trolls -- formerZhengzhou -- 2015-08-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Daves's ESL Cafe trolls

Go to another board -