TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-06
In response to Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion (Dianne)

Most of my students are college level, 21-22.

I have two classes where a lot of the kids have a bad attitude. Sure, I know I'm judging with my values. Maybe it is graduation depression I am observing. They are finishing this term and maybe feel down about job prospects and exams. They seem to want to plant themselves at their desks and do exactly whatever they want: talk over the teacher to their friends, sleep on the desk, hook wax out of their ears, use their mobile phone, do work for other classes, check their makeup, trim split ends, spit on the floor, crack sunflower seeds and dump the mess on the floor with all their tissues. This is the norm here.
Dianne I have used some of the methods you mentioned. I would say 60% of the class will follow my lead in English study, the rest I finally kicked out in May month, sent them to the library. Like Reno points out, the only time they would participate was if I entertained them and this familiarity or clowning bred some contempt. Like all kids they test their limits.

Messages In This Thread
Once in a life time chance - Teachers Discussion -- S W Tony -- 2006-05-31
Answer for Tony - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-05-31
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-01
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-02
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
You didn't go to clown college. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
Reno Hit the nail and made me laugh - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-07
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-06
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -