TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-06
In response to Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion (Dianne)

I'm in at a private college, like a community college.
Maybe I sounded negative in the last message but having 60% of the class with me is pretty good. The bad apples are out of the room and into the library. It is the teacher's role to discipline/create order if they won't do it themselves. Most departments would not allow me that latitude but I don't ask for it and always say "My classroom is not a prison".
No more contracts for me Dianne. One year in China is enough. Learned a lot here in 6 months, genuine perspectives. Just turned 50 and want to retire from the salary rat race, the noise and other pollutions. I'll teach privately a bit in the future. Early retirement is possible without the overhead of mortgages and an expensive, oil-comsuming lifestyle. A dollar earned in a wealthy country buys 8 to 10 in the 3rd world. Can become millionaire by those standards. Before time runs out want to swing in a hammock under the coconuts. Will go the low-tech way and maybe help with orphans and wildlife rehab. Easy to stay busy.

Messages In This Thread
Once in a life time chance - Teachers Discussion -- S W Tony -- 2006-05-31
Answer for Tony - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-05-31
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-01
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-02
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
You didn't go to clown college. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
Reno Hit the nail and made me laugh - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-07
Hi Robin - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2006-06-06
Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Hi Dianne - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -