TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Young English teaching shitheads in general.
John O'Shei - 2015-08-23
In response to Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. (martin hainan)

For many of the better foreigners in China, teaching at a public university merely gets us a visa and a full time job that doesn't interfere with what we're really doing whether that be taking a career break, studying Chinese, writing books or running businesses on the side.

We actually tend to enjoy teaching at the unis because there's little interference and you tend to get better students. Private training centres are bullshit places that offer better paid part-time work to allow you to gain extra cash if needed, but you'd ideally avoid working for one on a full-time basis.

And yes, we will say that several parts of the education system in China are bullshit. That's because we actually care about teaching work when we are doing it. We don't have to tell people what they want to hear.

We don't even hate China as a whole. But if YOU would take the time to talk to Chinese friends, you'd probably find that they're equally, if not more so frustrated by the same matters in China as us. People may love their country unconditionally, but they are NOT so stupid that they'll instantly praise everything about it and get defensive towards those who criticise it.

As for me, I rarely teach now and not all my friends (both foreign and Chinese) even speak English, because believe it or not, many people in this world can't even speak English! Although I really wish that my French wasn't so bad as communicating with the friends of some African friends can be a bit of a challenge, if both their Chinese and English aren't so great.

So, can I ask you, why do you feel the need to defend China so much? What did you sell your soul for?

Maybe Silverboy was right. Politically correct GW clap trap, indeed...

Messages In This Thread
Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- John O'Shei -- 2015-08-21
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- Dragonized -- 2015-08-23
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- John O'Shei -- 2015-08-23
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- San Migs -- 2015-08-23
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- San Migs -- 2015-08-22
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- San Migs -- 2015-08-24
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- martin hainan -- 2015-08-21
Re Young English teaching shitheads in general. -- martin hainan -- 2015-08-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Young English teaching shitheads in general.

Go to another board -