TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Leviticus
San Migs - 2015-09-02

LOL...Even the Catholics have had quite a number of "schisms" up to this day. First, there are the Old Catholics not under the jurisfiction of Rome anymore since the 19th century.

This could equally apply to both Islam and Judaism.Within Judaism, you have the orthodox jews or Haredim, who live like they are still in an eastern european ghetto and observe the sabbath very strictly, refusing to even light fire (use electricity?!) unlike the more secular jews born in Israel who generally will enjoy themselves and relax and not feel compelled to wear all black in the hot sun and have a bbq, sunbathe in "inappropriate" clothing and so on. Then we all know about Islam and the fundamentalists, and the current problems in the middle east that fundamentalism is causing.

Today, you have Liberal Catholics in the UK and in the Netherlands, and in Spain you have another "competing" pope heading the Palmyrian Catholics.

I thought in Spain they were pretty much aligned with the Pope and the Vatican?

The latter two are what I would call "cults/sects".

I thought a cult was something spiritual but not necessarily religious, like Heavens Gate and this applewhite character?

Messages In This Thread
Re Leviticus -- San Migs -- 2015-09-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Leviticus

Go to another board -