TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Major in college - Teachers Discussion
Stuart Ransom - 2006-06-11
In response to Re: Major in College-Teaching Overseas - Teachers Discussion (Dr. Yanni Zack- ESL Teaching Tips and St)

Wow Rheno, your response opened my eyes. But I still want to do it. I have a couple of questions though. Did you find this to be the case in all the countries you taught in (students wanting to have fun and not work)? I have been to Japan and I didn't get the impression they even like to have fun! I have been teaching piano here in the US and I had a Korean student who was very dedicated to learning. I am not disagreeing with your assessment ( how could I?) but if I have even one or two students who are really dedicated to learning, I believe it makes it worth it.
I figure my first assignment may be Korea because immediately upon graduation I am going to have student loans that need to be paid. I've been to Thailand while in the Navy years ago and I would love to live there but I understand the pay isn't too good there. Perhaps after the loans are paid.
Clown college is out. I am not an entertainer unless they have a piano I could jam on. Having taught piano for the last 2 years, I have a teacher mindset and I know it is what I want to do. But like I said, if I have one or two students who really want to learn, I believe my efforts won't be wasted.

Stuart

Messages In This Thread
Major in college - Teachers Discussion -- Stuart Ransom -- 2006-06-10
Robin Day, B. Ed, M.Sc. called it - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-11
Planning an ESL Career Overseas - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-11
Re: Major in College-Teaching Overseas - Teachers Discussion -- Dr. Yanni Zack- ESL Teaching Tips and St -- 2006-06-11
Stu, Dr. Y's got it covered. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-12
Major in college - Teachers Discussion -- Stuart Ransom -- 2006-06-11
I've taught in two places - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Major in college - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -