TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re why worry
San Migs - 2015-09-12

Yes, and they think a husband "owes" them everything.

It's funny, but I believe in the proverb "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, show him..." and well you get the rest. When you give people charity/handouts that they haven't had to struggle or work for, they develop an entitlement mentality.

I met (regrettably) a UK bloke in his fifties like that in Hong Kong. Homeless, broke, alcoholic, he thought that he is "owed" beer, food, money by people just because he is british and white in HK. His mentality was so bad that he would even criticize the Indian Sikhs at the sikh temple, despite the fact that he was filling a water bottle for free there, and eating a vegetarian indian lunch and dinner, and sometimes breakfast there daily. In the end, they got pissed off with western backpackers and bums being ungrateful and complaining about something that is free, and so as such, now they treat all westerners there with equal disdain.

It is not my job to help someone like that, nor any asian woman who thinks she is owed anything by a man.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re why worry -- San Migs -- 2015-09-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re why worry

Go to another board -