TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re why worry
ExpatMcGee - 2015-09-14

Sorry I directed that at Dr. Turnoi but you've brought up some valuable talking points in that response.

This is a key point:

It was when I first came to China and I was naive about ESL there.

So you just described yourself and nearly ever other loser (as Dr.Turnoi calls you) thats ever worked in any Chinese training centre in the history of ESL foreign teachers in China.

and you went longer (or at least to more schools) than most of them. Which is actually pretty much all foreign teachers. 99% would be my guesstimate. Almost nobody truly knows until they arrive and start and for most they've already commited to the 1year contract. A few more will somehow carry on maybe assuming they were unlucky that 1st attempt and learn by the 2nd signup (usually just a month later).

Just like you.

You would not support a drug dealing business, or an auto-theft business would you? It seems
that many people have no problem supporting an equally as vile business though, the
corporate ESL business.

You did. The same as nearly every other FT who's here now working in a training center.

Why so many people from USA, UK, Australia, Canada want to come to China and sell their soul
to ESL crooks, I have never really understood it.

Why did you?

Messages In This Thread
Re why worry -- ExpatMcGee -- 2015-09-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re why worry

Go to another board -